Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Welcome! (Read 21951 times)
angel
PicToWeave Newbie
Novice Weaver

Zodiac sign: Taurus
Re: Welcome!
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
i go interested in weaving since i saw Doc Skis dvd about the subject of weaving. though i am only a novice i have done a couple of weaves only single layers though. i hope to get better on them.

IP Logged

Rockwater
PicToWeave Newbie
Novice Weaver

Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Reply #16 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Hello,

I'm brand new to PicToWeave.  Until now, I've stuck to simple thread patterns, but in the interest of adding to my skill set, I am looking forward to using PTW.  Would anyone recommend any tools and or software to add? VisualWeave? Looms? etc.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #17 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Rockwater wrote on Dec 29th, 2016 at 4:59am:
Hello,

I'm brand new to PicToWeave.  Until now, I've stuck to simple thread patterns, but in the interest of adding to my skill set, I am looking forward to using PTW.  Would anyone recommend any tools and or software to add? VisualWeave? Looms? etc.

If you go to the tutorials section there a tutorial by Doc Ski on "tools of the trade"
I've never used Visual Weave so can't comment, but I know Dave and he's a fine programmer and builder, so I'm sure it does what it says it will.

IP Logged

Mark Saxon
PicToWeave Newbie
Novice Weaver

Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Hi guys, just joined looks great! i have built many rods in a 30 yr custom building period but have always thought this weaving caper was way too hard. having watched a few clips on you tube i think its time to bite the bullet cheers Mark

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #19 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Hi Mark,
It's not so hard.
Just take your time and learn the basics such as keeping the threads straight and tight as you go and it'll all fall into place.

Mark Saxon wrote on Jul 1st, 2017 at 2:18pm:
Hi guys, just joined looks great! i have built many rods in a 30 yr custom building period but have always thought this weaving caper was way too hard. having watched a few clips on you tube i think its time to bite the bullet cheers Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint