Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Left list not dropping threads (Read 3072 times)
BassSlayer
Ex Member

Left list not dropping threads
Jul 9th, 2007 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Owen

I created a weave and printed out the left list but it's not dropping threads like it should. I will email you the project file and let you have a look at it. Or is there something that I need to do?

Thanks

Steve Preslar
San Diego...

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: Left list not dropping threads
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Steve,
That section of the code is still a little flaky.
It should show a registered trademark symbol if the thread is dropped for only one turn, but doesn't show if the thread is dropped for several turns (or completely as at the end of the weave).
I've been waiting to hear some feedback as to whether this feature is even wanted by users before I put too much time into getting it fully functional.

cheers,
Owen

IP Logged

Boofa
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Hi,
I have completed a Parra ell for a friends rod useing the Pic2weave the left list was perfect once I learnt to read it
great programe Owen takes a lot of time out of doing a patern

Tony

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Thanks Tony,
I must check my code.  I thought I designed it to throw a wobbly if you loaded an eels or broncos logo.

Go the Saints!

Steve is right though, I do need to do some work on that feature if it is to be kept.
The fact that I have broken with tradition in the way I have done the left list may also cause more confusion than it does good.

I need you guys to tell me that by being objective and considering the needs of both novice and experienced weavers.

cheers,
Owen

IP Logged

rcadams
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Yea, my left lists show dropped threads sometimes & sometimes not.
I really don't need that info on the list anyway so it's just clutter IMHO.

Now if the entries on one line is exactly the same of the previous line except for one or two threads being dropped for that turn it would make sence to me to see just entries for the dropped threads and NOT all the other threads that are already placed to the left.

A feature that would show just the added or dropped threads for that turn only would be faster & easier to read without reading all the repeated numbers.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 7:51am
Print Post  
The logic for working out the left list is one of the hardest bits of the programme.

It's easy for the human brain, but computers are stupid.
Just as an exercise try  to explain in minute detail and taking into account every permutation how to work out a left list.

To show ONLY the dropped threads and/or added threads is too far removed fom the existing logic for me to consider at this point.
I have added code to highlight any area where threads are added or dropped if you choose to.
It won't show every new thread.
It will show all dropped threads.
I hope this is of some value.

cheers,
Owen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint