Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Metalic Thread (Read 10906 times)
Sandy D
Ex Member

Re: Metalic Thread
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Thanks paul

IP Logged

woodsnwaterjcd
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Sandy,

This may sound unconventional, but I take the time to dab a bit of super glue on each metallic thread just inside the right loom thread holder about an inch away. Smiley

I use a T needle, stick the end of the needle in the bottle opening and dab it on each thread very lightly. Six threads came apart on me after working a pattern for about 28 or 30 hours and I guess 3/4 the way to the finish.

Given that was in my earlier days and probably a self inflicted wound from antiquated techniques and me not being the delicate type. But it worked for me so I stick with it on large patterns.

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 4th, 2009 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
My biggest problem is when I am weaving, it is not the ends that are the problem at all as I was told a long time ago by Charlie to burn each of the ends, as a lot of others here have said the same (thank YOu). As shown above there is also the option of using super glue to stop the ends and I can really feel for you on what happened.

I have now had a lot of time sense posting this post and have worked a lot with the metalic and what I have found is that I have to treat metalic more tenderly then other threads as the metalic is wraped around a cotton thread and can crimp and break during tighening a design thread and as well during packing and rolling. To over come this I tighen as I go with kid gloves, takes time but in the end I think well worth it. Keep them weaves coming love to see what people are doing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint