Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Welcome to Docholiday (Read 2308 times)
Sandyd
Ex Member

Welcome to Docholiday
Nov 20th, 2007 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I would like to welcome our newest member Docholiday to our website and to Pictoweave.

I am sure we would all like to hear a little bit about yourself and see some of your handy work.

At anytime should you need help either on where to post pictures ect or how to use Pictoweave just post your question on the forum and we will endeavour to answer as soon as possible or one of our regulars will jump in if they are able.

Happy Weaving

IP Logged

du
Ex Member

Re: Welcome to Docholiday
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
welcome Docholiday
let do some weaving

IP Logged

docholiday
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 9:36am
Print Post  
You and Owen have already helped me emensly. I have been building rods for almost 10 years but have only started weaving in the last year when Tom Walters and Doc, sprured me on. I used to do mostly diamond and cheveron wraps but have made a few patterns of my own. Im still not very confident in my work and I hope that will come some day. Afther the Conclave I was really dissapointed in my work and see that I have a long ways to go. I purchased a lathe last fall and have a band saw comming next month so I can at least start building my own grips.
So thats pretty much my story and Im sticking to it. Im a fairly shy person who has difficulty in asking questions and showing my own work. I have been to a few sports shows and the response I got was fair.

Anyway, anyone who would like to discuss building with me feel free to email me:  rodsbyvern@mywdo.

thanks

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Vern,
I think it's a pretty good measure of a man if they can examine their work (or themselves) and admit to their shortcomings.
Don't be shy about asking for help and don't be too hard on yourself about your abilities.
You have to remember that the internet means that you are constantly exposed to the very best workmanship in the world.
Sometimes these are the fruits of a lifetime of work experience.
The bar is extremely high, so whilst we can aspire to this level, most of us mortals will have to be content to know that we did the best we knew how, but we learned something in the process that will make the next one better.
You think when the elite of any task sit down over a beer and talk they talk about that perfect job they did?
No... they regale each other with their most monumental disasters and the journey they took getting to the top.

We look forward to sharing your journey too Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint