Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How to photograph your thread art (Read 14993 times)
Boofa
Ex Member

Re: How to photograph your thread art
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2008 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Owen
Great results. from the course in digital photgraphy I learned that depending on the make white balance is quite different recomended play with all best part about digital can always delet. Another tip with macro is to use the timer will take out any hand shack from. I have found that different cameras have better macro mine will only come as cloase as 10 cm my sons has super macro 1 cm big difference
the white box is great will be building one of those in the future. a good background and the right exposure will help if you dont want to build the box though you need to play with the camera on manual to achieve results. Most new cameras on manual will tell you what exspure to use by a graph displayed on LCD screen being in the middle is good. Most takes in this case do not need flash if exsposure is set right only time flash is really needed is in the middle of the day when yiu can not have the subject look into the sun to take the shadow of the face sounds stupid but true. sorry cant put all into words but can advise good course if get oppertunity to do taught me how to read a manual better if nothing else

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2008 at 7:29am
Print Post  
I was wondering how your course is going.
I'm planning to pick up a decent digi camera when we go to the US.
The one we have is fine for happy snaps and in the boat, but he who dies with the most toys wins Wink

The pics above have been severely reduced in quality to reduce the file size to something web friendly.
That's why the slight blurred edges etc.

IP Logged

ryansrods
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
thanks for the info owen im runnin to the shed to put one of these light boxes together right now ill be retaking shots of the dragon weave i have posted on this site will repost the results thanks again  ryan

IP Logged

Jerry_Poindexter
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Great info, Owen! I need to make one for sure. How many lights were you using in the last pics in the series - 1 for each window? Thanks,  Jerry

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #19 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Jerry,
I used a twin floodlight from above and another from each end aimed through the front ports.
If I had two more I would have used them though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint