Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cant save a weave (Read 2717 times)
docholiday
Ex Member

Cant save a weave
Feb 3rd, 2008 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Has anyone had a saved file that cannot be found when you try to open that project????I spent 16 hours doing the project and now its gone. Is this my problem with what Im doing or have you had it happen?

Thanks, Vern

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: Cant save a weave
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Vern,
I'd recommend having a folder for your weaves and the images you are going to work on.
I keep mine in a folder called "Weaves" directly under "My Documents"
If you then create a folder i there for each weave you start and move the image in there BEFORE you start it'll mean everything is in one spot.

Most of us end up with hundreds of files all over the place. It's easy to lose them Wink

The error you PM'ed me about was just that you were typing in a file location that didn't exist due to a typo.
One of the things with programming is to make sure that you cover every possible way someone can do a task the WRONG way and give a meaningful explanation to the user if they don't follow correct procedure.

I need to add a couple of lines of code to handle what you did with a response that means something to you rather than a computer error that only I have any clue of the meaning.

hope the weave works out well for you.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2008 at 8:35am by Owen Dare »  
IP Logged

docholiday
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:18am
Print Post  
GrinOwen, actually this is for general knowledge if folks didnt know it already. Owen spent a good deal of time yesterday helping via remote assist, and messenger answering all my questions. Then on top of it offered to spend even more time walking me through pictoweave step by step.

Its nice to know that both Owen and Sandra have and do coninue to offer a exteme level customer service. I know for a fact that I have never had the creator of such a program to drop everything and spend hours helping.

HATS OFF TO YOU TWO!!

Vern

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Yeah it was a tough call.

Paint the bedroom or....  help Vern.