Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic G. Looms Weave (Read 18189 times)
fishergirl06
Ex Member

G. Looms Weave
Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Hi there, this is my first post on this forum.  I had this rod and the decal I got from the company was really bad, so when I got the PicToWeave I had my solution!  What do you think?
I took this to the CRBG Conclave in Park Falls last month.  I am loving the program, it really opens up options.  I am waiting for some more thread to arrive and I will be attempting my first multi color weave.  I will post my final accomplishment.

Wink

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Re: G. Looms Weave
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Nice job there.

the program is great as it opens up a whole new world due to the fact that you do not spend hours having to make the pattern. 

I have to ask do you find any problems when you weave words?  I was just wonder this as I have never done words before.

Look forward to seeing your next project.

IP Logged

fishergirl06
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
So far I havent had too many problems, but my jig I was using was a 30 thread so I kept things simple.  I love that jig, but I am upgrading to a 100 thread which will hopefully show up very soon.

IP Logged

Raymond Adams
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Way to go Fishergirl! Nice job. Arrow straight!

I would stay with the smaller jigs for lettering unless you are really using larger thread counts.

Sandy,
The biggest problem with weaving text is keeping things very straight and not letting it get kaddywomppus (crooked). The wrapping thread tension tries to pull the weaving threads down to the right which as you know is a problem with any pattern but even more so with text.

IP Logged

Sean
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Ray and others, I have found the easiest cure for the downward pull. I start at a slight angle upwards and end up with a finished product that is straight. I ended up building a new jig for this purpose and the right side is shifted up on the rod when compared to the left side.

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ray and others, I have found the easiest cure for the downward pull. I start at a slight angle upwards and end up with a finished product that is straight. I ended up building a new jig for this purpose and the right side is shifted up on the rod when compared to the left side.

Thanks Sean for the info, would you mind posting a pic of the jig? 
If not I do understand.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint