Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Thank you and New member in Georgia USA (Read 1719 times)
woodsnwaterjcd
Ex Member

Thank you and New member in Georgia USA
Apr 16th, 2009 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
First,

Thank you Owen, Sandy and any other contributors to pictoweave and this forum for your vision, efforts and initiatives. We all have idea's and self produced techniques. I personally would like to commend you all for having the discipline and drive to turn an idea into reality that is a great asset to us all in the rod building arena. Thanks to all the folks that share ideas, techniques and give guidance on this craft with their own free will.

Little bout me,

I wrapped my first rod back in 1977 as a single GI living in the Barracks stationed at Wiley Kaserne, Neu Ulm, Germany. Not much reference to go by, just a buddy asking me if I wanted to learn how to wrap a rod, by hand of course.

Got back state side and heard about this guy named Dale Clemens who had a couple of books out. Well, once I was bitten,  I couldn't stop the bleeding. Rod building became an obsession. I knew I was on to something big, fascinating and rewarding. I was bent on taking this thing as far as I could go with it. Every book, VHS, DVD, magazine, journal...etc I had to have and try out different things. It's been quite a ride.

I woke up one day and realized, it's 2009 already. A year that was only fantasy a short time ago (at least in my mind). I reflect on the many rods I have built and lessons learned. All the great mentors, forums, publications and rod building associates I have known through the years. I have no regrets. Proud to be involved with this hobby and the people in it.

Mike wherever you are, thank you for asking me if I want to learn how to build a fishing rod.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: Thank you and New member in Georgia USA
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Glad to have you aboard!
Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Re: Thank you and New member in Georgia USA
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2009 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I too would like to welcome you, I have been a little out of touch as of late but now I am back. 
It is interesting on how people come to the industry and this is no exception, who would ever think that a posting over seas would see you come home with something positive. 
I have also read your other posts and think that you yourself are a valued part of the rod building industry.
Again welcome to our little communite I look forward to hearing from you and sharing what I beleive would be a wealth of information you must have obtained over the years.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint