Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic left list desginations (Read 1237 times)
Al Hutchison
Ex Member

left list desginations
Apr 22nd, 2009 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Looking at my left list it gives me different colors for each number, but what has me confused is the circled letter in front of the letter and then some numbers dont have that. If someone could explain this.I also printed the layer list which I have never heard it been called this, but my thought is that it is the thread placement prior to starting to weave with left list, if this is so which one of ththreads would be put into the jig first if there are 3-4 thread colors?
Thank you to anyone who can answer my question

AL Hutchison  Cheesy

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: left list desginations
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Looking at my left list it gives me different colors for each number, but what has me confused is the circled letter in front of the letter and then some numbers dont have that. If someone could explain this.

You can set options to have a symbol appear when a layer changes.  See the help file.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Quote:
I also printed the layer list which I have never heard it been called this, but my thought is that it is the thread placement prior to starting to weave with left list, if this is so which one of ththreads would be put into the jig first if there are 3-4 thread colors?
Thank you to anyone who can answer my question

AL Hutchison Cheesy

The layer list indeed does tell you which threads to put into the jig first.
In use you would go through from 1 to whatever your thread count is and insert the colours shown first on each line.
Then repeat the process for the colours shown second on each line etc etc until you are done.

See the help file

There is also a check sum at the end of each line if you wish.

There is a PDF of the complete manual in your start menu and you can access help from the help menu.

The left list can be printed in lost of ways.
Personally I print it in colour without any of the symbols.
Sometimes I alter the colours on the grid before I print the left list so that say two shades of green are not so close that I can't easily see which one I want.
I don't do this on the layer list because I want it to tell me the correct thread number.

cheers,
Owen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint