Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bream weave (Read 5264 times)
poppen
Ex Member

Bream weave
May 9th, 2009 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,can you help with a bream weave, just the out-line of the bream with all the fin's i wish to do,as i"m just starting out with weaving.

CAM.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: Bream weave
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2009 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Here ya go

The PDF's are the left list and grid pattern.
These ones are for the fish facing the tip.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2009 at 11:28pm by Owen Dare »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 9 KB | Downloads )
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 272 KB | Downloads )
IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2009 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Same again facing the grip.

Enjoy
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2009 at 11:28pm by Owen Dare »  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 9 KB | Downloads )
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 271 KB | Downloads )
IP Logged

poppen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2009 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Thank you Owen for the bream weave very much

IP Logged

poppen
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2009 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Hi weaver's can you help me with keeping the weave centered as both time's i've had to try & slide it around the blank 2 or 3mm & pop it's all up **** creek.

CAM.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2009 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Cam,
Can you describe how you are laying down your jigs and threads?

Typically I will tightly wrap some masking tape on the blank and then reverse it so the sticky side is out.
I will then place my jigs on that and run a thread from one to the other on whatever thread I want to be centred on the blank.
Remember that the centre of the weave may not be exactly half way on the thread count.
I then secure the jigs to the blank with zip ties.
Once done it won't move, but you do need to make sure you don't let the weave spread as you go.

IP Logged

poppen
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2009 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
I put 2 bits on the rod then run a thread for the middle of fish ie 36 threads it will be thread 18,then put jigs on rod with that 18th thread line it up tape them down & load the jigs with thread,then slowly stik all the threads down to the rod keeping them in line & then start to weave.

CAM.

IP Logged

Raymond Adams
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2009 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Poppen,

Place the right jig on the blank and some tape (sticking side up) on the blank left of where the weave will start. Place your center thread
on the tape and place the other end in the jig. If the thread is straight along the axis of the blank turn your jig up or down until it does. Now load the right jig with the rest of the design threads sticking the other ends down on the tape with the center thread. This will keep the left side of the threads down close to the blank. After the right jig is loaded, place the left jig and start the wrapping thread and your ready to go.

IP Logged

Raymond Adams
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Cam,

Check out the tutorials section of the site and you'll see a couple that should help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint