Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic rod wrappers?????????? (Read 5708 times)
mitch3
Ex Member

rod wrappers??????????
Oct 26th, 2009 at 10:43am
Print Post  
   I'm currently working on a home made wrapper,it works ok,but not to effiecient.I'm looking to upgrade,kind of had the Pac-Bay RW3-XL in mind,but not sure.Ant suggestions,or comments are veryy welcome.

IP Logged

Owen Dare
YaBB Administrator
Experienced Weaver

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Re: rod wrappers??????????
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Mitch,
I have the 8ft basic Alps unit seen here
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
If I was to do it again I'd get the chuck upgrade and if I had room the 12ft model.
Not that I do many rods over 7ft, but it's a pain when your tip won't stay straight Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:08pm by Owen Dare »  
IP Logged

mitch3
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
    Owen,
Thanks for reply.I looked at the Alps,I like this unit it looks like it's well made.I think your right about the 12' bed,everything I've read by other people seem to say the same thing.You haven't led me wrong yet,so I'm going to see if the wife will come off some money for a early Christmas present.LOL.
                                THANKS A LOT FOR INFO.

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Mitch what you need to do is get your wife involved in your hobby, that way she will never say no.  Ask Owen.  Smiley

IP Logged

mitch3
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
  Yes I know,she already loves to bass fish with my 2 boys and I.She's slowly getting into rod building.I'm trying to get her to take a rod makeing class with me in New Orleans,Louisiana,put on by Mud Hole.I think she's taking the bait.LOL.. Thanks for pointer.

IP Logged

glassriverflyrods
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
I have A WOUNDER WEVER  it has a 9' foot base and comes with acrylic rod holders and even a dryer on the back.   I have sense bought more acrylic rod holders and tool holders.   Its a bit price but I feel you are further ahead it has a foot paddle so you can make big jobs go faster and yet remain in control.  Let me know witch way you choose to go.  You can check out all of this at Anglers Workshop.    Good Luck Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint