Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Diary of Sandra & Owen's USA Trip (Read 3709 times)
Sandy D
Ex Member

The Diary of Sandra & Owen's USA Trip
Mar 2nd, 2008 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Well guys and girls we have only 4 more sleeps then a 13.5 hour plane trip and we will be at Long Beach in the USA.  I can't believe how quickly that time has come around. 
We fly out of Australia on the 6th of March and arrive in LA on the 6th of March. (Who said the Aussie's where slow)
You say I bet you have your bags already packed, I say no not even close, we have the stair treads back on ( now can walk up and down without feeling like you are going to fall), we have upstairs all painted and we have a clean house with washing all done and on top of that we are going to see if we can catch a Barra today as well. 
Are we excited you ask, me, I have been for months, I have asked the locals on what to see and where to go, I have purchased 4 road maps to map out our trip and I have two different routes to take just in case, I have a forest full of information printed out and ready to pack, excited who ME.  On the other hand Owen says when we land in LA then he will get excited. 
The packing has me concerned as we really do not know what to expect when we get there, the locals say it will be nice that time of year, but I ask who's nice their's or mine.  Snow well that was not something we had taken into consideration but seems there is going to be plenty of it where we are going, so they still say the weather will be nice that time of year.   Huh.  But truthfully I am really looking forward to the snow it is something neither of us have seen before and because of this fact we do not have the cloths to suit the climate.  Which bring me to shopping, I have heard that the shopping is really good over there and Mark from Acid rod has allowed Colleen to take either Friday or Sunday off from the Fred Hall Show to take me shopping at Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and he was even kind enough to let her go with $10 000.00 for shopping.  I thought this was big hearted of him till he told me he ment "10,000 Yen OR Pesos... her choice"  Well the shopping trip is something yet to be confirmed as Colleen has not been made aware of this generous offer of Marks.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2008 at 9:32am by Owen Dare »  

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Re: The Diary of Sandra & Owen's USA Trip
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 1:12am
Print Post  
We arrived at the Los Angles International Airport at 9.50am on Wednesday the 6th March, here you will see that I skipped a few days from the last post this is due to the fact that I came down with a cold and spent 3 days in bed sick and the last day trying very hard to get my work done before flying out.

IP Logged

captainburks
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Sandy - I will get Linne to login ASAP - we were at the Fred Hall show Del Mar all weekend and it was not the same w/o you both being here...

Doc Vickie and Rocky made it down on Sat.  We were at the Bloodydecks.com booth and I will be posting two new patterns of their logo(s) done in Pictoweave ASAP.  Just want Doc to have a peek at them first.

Be sure to update this post on your shopping trip...

IP Logged

Sandy D
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Hi there

It was good to meet you and Linnie.
Sense being back in Australia we have both been flat out so this post will have to wait just a little.  We have just listed our house on the market and spending a lot of time just finishing off little bits and pieces.  Must say I can't wait till it is finished which will be this week end then we will have our lives back till we have to move that is.

Any time you need a crew Timm just give us a call, we would both love to catch up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint